A Smile Makeover is a dental procedure to increase the aesthetics of your smile i.e., the appearance of your smile is improved through one or more of the following cosmetic dentistry procedures such as dental veneers, composite bonding, tooth implants, teeth whitening and many more!
When you visit a Cosmetic Dentist for your Smile Makeover, your Dentist will ask a few questions and consider several factors before customizing the procedure to suit your requirements. The first thing that will be taken into consideration is the overall facial appearance, skin tone, hair colour, teeth (colour, width, shape, length) gum tissue and lips before your Smile Makeover procedure is planned.
In general, smile makeover procedures are performed for several aesthetic reasons and are fully customized to suit individual needs in order to deliver the best outcome – which varies as per several cosmetic and aesthetic factors.
What to Expect in your First Smile Makeover Consultation?
In general, your first consultation begins with a detailed discussion about why you need the procedure and what to expect from the same. The following aspects comprise a Smile Makeover procedure:
- Tooth Colour: In this process, silver or amalgam dental fillings can be replaced with natural, tooth coloured composite restoration. Teeth whitening is also a great choice to improve the colour of stained or dull teeth. Taking tooth colour into consideration is necessary before moving on to prepare for other procedures.
- Missing Teeth: If you have one or more teeth missing, your dentist would propose to replace those with dental implants, bridges or partial denture.
- Harmony and Balance: Chipped, uneven or cracked teeth are cosmetically bonded and a gummy smile is fixed with laser or other treatment for a fuller smile and improved appearance.
- Tooth Length: As we age, our teeth tend to wear and tear; often resulting in shorter teeth. Gummy smiles tend to make the teeth look shorter. Long teeth tend to lend a youthful appearance. Thus, if you have shorter teeth, it can be reshaped and lengthened with composite bonding or veneers. Gummy smile, however, is treated by altering the gum line and lengthening the appearance of teeth.
- Smile Line: It is an imaginary line that runs along the edges of the upper teeth from side to side. Ideally, it should be the same as the curve of your lower lip as you smile. This factor is essentially considered to determine the length of your new teeth.
- Tooth Proportions: The best way to have a pleasing smile is where your two central front teeth are dominant and have a length to width ratio of 5 to 4. This guides the length and width of other teeth in the aesthetic zone.
At Dixit Dental Care, we will work closely with you to develop a custom Smile Makeover Procedure according to your unique needs designed to help you achieve that perfect smile.
As with any treatment, our team of expert dentists will keep you informed about the procedures and expected timeline of treatment and it will be reviewed according to your needs and schedule. Any changes to the estimate, if needed, will be discussed with you. You can expect a smile makeover to be a hassle-free and easy process and is designed to boost your confidence by giving you the best smile you can carry.